I've been reading lately. A lot.
I read a lot during the school year, but even more during the summer.
If you read Aaron's blog you might have seen his post on Patrick O'Brian's novel Master and Commander.
I'm not reading that one. But I am reading a very similar series of novels by another Brit. named C.S. Forester about British Naval Warfare during the Napoleonic Wars. The hero of these adventures is Horatio Hornblower, and I've plunked down (well maybe "swiped away" is more accurate) a large sum of money at the local Barnes and Noble in order to get through the first 5 books. I'm ready to read the next 6 books but at $13 bucks a pop, I've decided to wait till the fall when my friend Joshua will return to seminary, where his copies are quietly waiting to be shipped out on their own adventure across our nation in a US postal mailbag (or truck.... or plane. whatever!)
Now, since my urges for naval adventures continue, I have picked up the first of 21 books in Aaron's preferred series, and I'm sure this is going to be going on for a while.
In the short meantime I've finally picked up my copy of Chesterton's Orthodoxy which I'll write about more later.
Now go pick up your own book and start reading. Or just skip on to your next blog. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment