Sometimes my penchant for strange critters gets the best of me.
So, it's monday morning and I'm scrambling around the teachers lounge getting ready for the day.
Suddenly I get a call from one of my students' parents.
Is it a problem with homework? No.
Is it a medical emergency? No.
It's a green lizard that's just been rescued and do I want it for my class?
Sure!
I like critters.
Lizards are critters.
That would be cool.
So, the lizard comes to school in a box and gets transfered to my biggest empty terarrium.
This is one big lizard.
Turns out it's a Green Iguana...from paraguay....and it's destined to grow to a truly monstrous size of six feet.
Whoa!
So, I'm thinking if no one claims it in a week or two, I'll trade it in at a pet shop for something more manageable.
Here's the sad part.
Pet shops don't want my iguana. Iguanas (at least the big Green Iguanas), at least according to one source, are the most euthenized pet around these days. People buy them but don't realize what they're getting into.
Right now, I think I've got a good home for this guy...actually we think it's a gal. But if you're looking for a new cause or a new pet.... you just might think about going the very-large-reptile route. Hey...they're vegetarian. : )
9/14/2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment