10/16/2004

Team America!

Top Ten Reasons not to see this movie...
10. It's crass. I mean really below the belt locker room gross and vulgur (about 20% of the time)
9. It's making fun of really serious issues.
8. It makes fun of middle eastern people.
7. It makes fun of Americans.
6. It makes fun of everybody...
Wait...I like that part!
Now switching to top 5 reasons to SEE this movie...
5. It makes fun of most everybody in the political scene that needs making fun of (love those dangling prepositions)
4. It makes the most fun of hollywood actors and their pseudointellectual (did I spell that right?) stance on world peace.
3. It has a song about how bad of a movie Pearl Harbor was, and how Ben Afflect can't act.
2. It has other totally campy, funny, hilarious songs like the rock standard "America! F@#$ yeah!" and Kim Jeung iLL (I know that's not spelled right) singing the soft solo "I'm Rone-ry!"
1. How can you pass up a blockbuster make-fun-of-the-crappy-formulaic-action-flick-genre filmed entirely with asian-huge-eyed marrionettes!

Go team America. We need to make fun of ourselves more often.

No comments: