
Gotta love crayons. That's the medium of choice in my classroom, and in general they aren't given their fair shake. Mostly they're given a crammed up space in a desk crammed even furthur with old assignments. Well...I love 'em. Mostly. Sometimes.
This assigment was to make an illuminated capital letter using one of your initials. I gave them some examples and did another on the whiteboard. The students' work turned out marveliscious.
I try to do some of the assignments I give my students. Partly to give them an example, and partly to put myself in their shoes. But, mostly, it's because I enjoy it. Lots of times, they turn out lousy, but this one I like. Mostly. Shoulda stopped sooner with the colors. They got too dark and then it went downhill from there. But, no going back with crayon. I'm thinking I'll do some more, but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment