Quing up just after 5:00pm onto the parking lot known as Harbor Blvd.,
I popped in my new CD - Led Zepplin's greated hits.
The simple sounds of an acoustic guitar and a group of recorders
washed my heart clean of the busy duldrums collected after an hour or
two of driving around doing errands.
Not all music is like this. But some pieces just make me stop and listen,
and after I'm done, I'm in a better place than before.
Books can be like that, too. Like Lord of the Rings. Why have I read this
same story over and over (something like 20 times). I know what's going to
happen. But I feel cleansed by traveling with these characters and
going through the emotions and events in the story.
I want to collect these things in my life, and make a list -- A list that
I can go back to when in need of a break.
What music and literature does this kind of thing in your life?
I would love to know.
2/17/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment