I'm all dressed up and I've got nowhere to go.
That's because tonight is Open House, and I'm
hiding out in my classroom.
All the parents and students are outside
eating the traditional Carl's Jr. meal from
a cool traveling Carl's Kitchen.
I'm no mingler, and I've still got 40 minutes
before my students and parents get official
access into our room to check out all their
stuff. I'm nervous.
It's my fifth Open House, and they've all gone
off smashingly, but there's always a bit
of a nervous buzz in my stomach until everything
gets under way.
Getting under way means turning on the tube!
Classroom movies are the key to Open House success!
Once the tv is on, all eyes are glued, and then
I'm just a bystander. 60 minutes later they all go home,
and I'm free. Another year gone. School's really over
after Tonight. Everything else is gravy. Busy, crazy gravy
pouring down in rivers (there is still SO much to do this
year: design and build sets, build crystal radios, and Gold Rush Day
to name just a few.) but it's gravy nonetheless.
Summer, here we come!
5/11/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment