2/06/2006

Be Glad You're Not a Reptile


Heck ya! My dragon rocks! 27 eggs laid in one clatch. Yes...clatch is the word used to talk about bearded dragon eggs that are dropped in one batch. At least, that's the word the lady at Exotic Reptiles used.

She also highly recommended getting a male in the near future. It sounds like a great idea, but 27 little bearded dragons running around sounds a little overwhelming!

I guess I could sell them or give them away. It's just that bearded dragons need the right environment to stay healthy. A big cage and about 100degree temperatures with a gradient down to around 70degrees. It's rather specific. It cost me about $250 big ones for my set-up. so, these little guys are not something I can give to just anybody.

The lady at Exotic Reptiles did say that they sometimes buy the little critters. Plus, they will incubate them for a percentage of the eggs.

It's a cool idea, but not something I am going to rush into too quickly.

No comments: